- Shampoo and condition your hair. I like to use frizz free shampoo and conditioner.
- Use t-shirt to pat dry hair. Towels result in more frizz. So leave those alone after washing.
- Deep Condition hair after washing.
- Use a leave-in conditioner/styling product such as Plentiful’s Curl Definer
- Style your hair. My go to style is coils or curly fro! Check out my hair tutorials on these styles on my YouTube channel.
- Allow hair to air dry after styling. Using a diffuser to dry your hair can take a while. Allow hair to air dry 30 minutes prior to using it so that you do not have to use too much heat on your tresses. Allowing air dry time, also helps hair result in less frizz.
- Begin diffusing. Place blow dryer setting on low speed and low to medium temperature. Begin by placing diffuser a half inch over hair and diffuse each section for 10-15 seconds. I like to diffuse my ends first and I diffuse the roots of my hair last (as shown in video)
- I then take a break and do my makeup or do work around the house. I go back to my diffuser, and continue drying until my hair is 100% dry. If you like big hair like myself, you can use an Afro pick to lift at the roots ONLY to elongate your final results.
**Check out my YouTube video to see how I diffuse my tapered natural hair**